Postcard published by Photo Arts, Winnsboro, S.C.
by Ernest Ferguson. On the back of the postcard:
"All That's Left of Buford's Bridge, S.C.
Mizpah Methodist Church
Historic Church near the junction of highways 301 and 321
is all that's
left of a once thriving town. The church, built in 1832, was the
only building unburned by Gen. Sherman on his march to the sea during
War Between the States. Buford's Bridge once boasted a post
Masonic Lodge, boarding house, shoe shop, tailor shop, three stores and
a thickly populated neighborhood."
Here's a link to a great article from The Post And
Church, July 8, 2003.
Partial Tombstone Transcriptions and recent
photographs and current anniversary reunion information of Mizpah
Church and Cemetery.