Home | Towns | Research | Cemeteries | Surnames
with Old Jail at Base
Construction of the tower was completed in 1915, designed and built by a Boston Engineering firm. Only two others like it exist in South Carolina. It is built of reinforced concrete and is 133 feet high. The water tank, which holds 100,000 gallons of water, is still used by the City of Walterboro and has become a familiar landmark of Washington Street and Godfrey Alley.
Scenes of Colleton | Home