Camp Creek Primitive Baptist Church & Cemetery
(Photos taken 1999)
Primitive Baptist Church and cemetery is located just east of the town
of Lilburn on Main Street-Camp Creek Road at the corner of
Lilburn-Stone Mountain Road. The first conference of this
church was held in May, 1823. The charter members were Martha
Adams, Elizabeth Hale, Lucy Cannimore, Sarah Cannimore, Prodence Wells,
Frances Landers, Susan Lee, Ridda McKinney, Mary Ward, Rachel
Williamson, John Price, Thomas Mason, Tyric Landers, James Wells, and
The current building
was built 1906. Ministers to this church from its inception until
1911 (when James Flanigan published his History of Gwinnett County Churches)
were Rev. James Hale (33 years), D. T. White (2 years), Rev. H.
D. Teat (2 yrs), Rev. G. P. Bradley (4 years), Rev. W. D. Almond (2
years), Rev. J. T. Jordan (44 years in 1911).