Sweetwater Primitave Baptist Church & Cemetery
Sweetwater Primitive Baptist Church was organized on December 8, 1824 in the Wells school house by Tyre Landers and G. B. Waldrop. The following were charter members: Frances Landers, Clarissa Woodruff, Sara Morgan, Elizabeth Niblet, Precilla Woodruff, Mary Hedrick, Hannah Spradlin, Heziah Lawrence, Sarah Schamblee, Margaret Minchem, Cynthy Barnett, Editha McDaniel, Elley Davis, Nancy Hendrix, John Hendrix, Elizabeth Doneyhoo, James Donehoo, Thomas Mason, Prodence Wells, James Wells, Bodie Waldrop, Benjamin Waldrop, Alsey Waldrop.
The first building was erected in 1824 and replaced in 1909. The first minister of the church was James Hale, who served 16 years consecutively, and an additional 12 years two years later.
Road between Duluth and Lawrenceville, near the corner of Cruse Road,
church today is used as Sweetwater Memorial Chapel. The
is relatively well maintained, and several graves are decorated with
Confederate flags. The Eli Landers house is seen directly behind