Corinth Cemetery with Stone Mountain in the background
The original church is across Pounds Rd to the left of the picture.
Gorgeous spring day, May 11, 2006
Corinth Baptist Church, Lilburn, Georgia, c1999
Almost Sundown, c1999
The old Corinth Baptist church is located in the Mountain Park area of Gwinnett, just north of Highway 78 (Stone Mountain Highway), at the corner of Rockbridge Road and Pounds Road, and is separated from the cemetery by Pounds Road. The congregation relocated to Loganville, and the campus is now Grace Christian School. The building seen here was the original sanctuary building. Since then a wing has been added to the back, and a new sanctuary building built.
Corinth Baptist Church
was organized in 1913, and the
original members were: Mrs. M.B. Pounds, Wesley Knight,
Wesley Knight, Posey Phillips, Mrs. Posey Phillips, Pink Phillips, Mrs.
Pink Phillips, Mrs. Harris, Bertha Brooks, and Mrs. and Mrs.
The meeting house was erected soon after the church was
Partial Cemetery Transcriptions at GAGEnWeb ARCHIVES