Architects: Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge
The Art Institute was constructed in 1893 and was the only
of the 1893 Columbian Exposition not loacated on the fairgrounds.
It was used as a meeting place for world organizations attending the
and six months later became the Art Instititute.
Appears on this Rand McNally 3-D map from 1893, at the
University of Illinois at Chicago: