The Armour Institute of Technology, Armour Ave
and 33rd Street
The Armour Institute began in 1893 with the financial contributions of Philip Danforth Armour. The institute offered professional courses in engineering, chemistry, architecture and library science. This building is now the main building of the Illinois Institute of Technology, and contains the school administrative offices. It was restored approximately 1992. One of the peaked roofs has been cut down due to a fire in the 1960's.
Architects | Home
HOME | ARCHITECTS | TOUR BY STREET OR CATEGORY | SITE MAP | SEARCH