|This is the same building as the card labeled "New
Rock Island Station".
It was constructed in 1903, Frost & Granger, Architects. The building served as a station ffor the Rock Island, New York Central and Michigan Central Railroads, as well as offices for the owner of the railroads.
It was demolished in the mid-1980s and replaced with an office building that contains the Chicago Commodities Excheange trading center. The tracks remain and a small waiting room was built at the back of the building fo the commuters that still used the Metra commuter trains operating on the former Rock Island trackage.