Located on Peachtree Road (Main Street) in Duluth, just off Highway 23, this building is now used as a Masonic Lodge. The original building was one room, without the side wings. Duluth First United Methodist Church is now located on Highway 120 in Duluth.
Duluth Methodist Church was organized under the pastorate of Rev. G. R. Kramer in 1871. The charter members were S. G. Howell, Agnes J. Howell, Mr. and Mrs. W. E. Jones, Dora Howell, H. W. Howell, Cynthia E. Howell and J. J. Herrington. The first meeting place was a private home, and the one room building was erected in 1873. Additions were made as needed, and a new building was erected on Highway 120 to replace the original structure, which is now used as a Masonic Lodge.